Creating Sacred TimeFeb 10, 2023
Creating sacred time means that we embrace our time as our most precious resource and we spend it on what matters most.
How we choose to spend our time and who we choose to spend it with (or focused on) becomes our most crucial decision as we navigate multiple priorities, passions or projects (or external demands).
Before you dive into your weekend, whether you are working or off, I invite you to take 5 minutes to set intention for creating sacred time. Here are three quick steps to help you on your way:
1. Think about how you want to feel about your weekend and what experiences you want to reflect on when you go to bed on Sunday. What is your desired state?
- Do you want to feel prepared for the week?
- Do you want to feel rested?
- Do you want to feel like you enjoyed friendships or activities?
- Do you want to feel accomplished that you finished reading that book?
- Do you want to feel spaciousness- like you truly unplugged?
- Or maybe like you were present with the people in your life or their for someone in need?
whatever desired "state" pops up for you- jot it down! The more specific the better.
2. Next, take inventory of what is on the schedule or your to do list. Does it match your desired state? If not, apply the 3 b's (courtesy of Martha Beck). Bag it, Barter it, or Better it.
Bettering it would mean finding some way to make it feel closer to your desired state. An example might be, "I need to clean up for guests", perhaps bettering it would be listening to your favorite music or podcast and then jumping into a relaxing bath afterwards. See where I'm going with this?
3. Decide ahead of time how you will actively cultivate your "desired state" and what distractions you will and won't allow. Having some decisiveness in advance creates some support toward having that sacred time while leaving some space for life to unfold!
I hope whatever your desire is this weekend...you create some sacred space to meet it.
P.S. Want to dig into this topic a little deeper? Join us in Pathfinder Posse- a membership program designed specifically for women entrepreneurs who are multi-passionate and who want to create a life and business that has positive impact at home, at work and in community.
Jennifer Tucker Visitacion, MBA
(pronouns she/ her/ hers)
Business and Leadership Coach
Sign up for our weekly newsletter, Friday Shift Change, for playfully strategic support for balancing your life and life's work.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.